MBPA's new board is in place and we're already working hard to make sure that this organization continues to bring you valuable programs and benefits. But we can't do it alone. During last night's MegaMind we discussed how critical volunteers are to the future of this organization, and several members stepped up and offered to help. Through our recent survey, we were happy to learn that many of you are willing to contribute your time and expertise to the betterment of MBPA, so I wanted to tell you about our current needs:
I. Planning the Spring Members' Meeting
This in-person meeting is scheduled for Saturday, April 13th at 10am - 4pm. We need volunteers to help with:
- Identifying a meeting location and securing a room
- Making arrangements for food and refreshments
- Coordinating speakers and developing the agenda
I. Serve on a Committee
We need volunteers to serve on the following committees:
- Membership & Benefits – This committee develops new members, retains existing members, promotes MBPA to the independent publishing community in our territory, and develops relationships with outside product and service providers to create and promote benefits for our members.
- Programs & Events - This committee organizes, promotes and runs our internal events (such as Members' Meetings, EduSessions, and MegaMinds) and external marketing programs and exhibits (such as book festivals, literacy celebrations, and organizing a tradeshow and awards competition).
- Communications & Interactive– This committee updates the MBPA website and social media sites, produces our e-Newsletter and program catalogs, and manages our affiliate relationship with IBPA.
II. Share Your Expertise
We are fortunate that our members have a wealth of experience in the publishing industry. Please consider sharing your expertise with the rest of the group by:
- Presenting at an upcoming EduSession
- Moderating a MegaMind
- Speaking at a Members' Meeting
We all face the same challenge: there aren't enough hours in the day. But being a volunteer isn't about having the time; it's about having the heart. We all want MBPA to continue to be a successful organization, but that can't happen without your help. Any amount of time that you can donate, no matter how little (even 1 hour per week!), will go a long way in ensuring MBPA's continued success.
To volunteer for a position or discuss an opportunity, please contact Erika Liodice at firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-626-2931.